Sunday, January 09, 2005

Phonecalls and Emails

The papers say that Meulaboh is 80% devastated. From the visuals on CNA and CNN, everything looks flat.

Adrian's called a couple of times from the satellite phone... albeit rationed tremendously. He sleeps at about 1 or 2 am and has to wake up by 5am everyday. I think he's happy doing this though... being able to help those in need. Even more fulfilling than the hospital -- where patients can possibly be very demanding and 'smart'. Well, you know what I mean.

He can actually email too! But also once in a while because that's also rationed. At least now i can send him stuff and he can read it if he's able to. :)

He called me on Friday though, to tell me that he was switching ships to the RSS Persistence, and there might be even less access to communication (phone and email). So this time, I might not even get to hear from him. But well, no news is good news! I still have Juan as a back-up.

Not sure how long this mission will take. Everyone asks me - when will Adrian be back? But i don't know... my standard answer is, "Supposed to be two weeks, but could stretch to four?"

Whatever it is, I hope he gets back in time for Layfang + Fred and Jeremy + Zhen Zhen's weddings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home